Sunday, February 20, 2011

Response from the Riverside Theater

So, after firing off an email to the Riverside this morning, as I was still peeved about the situation from last night, I didn't expect to get a response so quickly. I am grateful they took me seriously enough to respond in a very timely manner especially on a Sunday. Here is the email I received. Thoughts??

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.  I appreciate you providing information below.  We have to follow artists direction during performances.  Because this was a TV special they could not have people leaving their seats during the performance as they only have one night to get it right.  I'm sorry you were denied the use of the bathroom.  They were not open and were being cleaned as you were told. We had the curveball of the first show going way over on time and thousands on the street waiting to enter for the next show.  We needed to get people out of the venue in a timely manner to ensure those waiting for the next show got in ASAP.  Obviously there should be exceptions to our directions, and your situation is one of them.   I'd be happy to provide you with complimentary tickets to an upcoming show at the Pabst, Riverside or Turner Hall Ballroom and promise that your unfortunate experience will be a learning lesson for our entire organization.

Best,

Ryan Matteson
Pabst Theater | Riverside Theater | Turner Hall Ballroom
Phone: 414.286.3611
Cell: 262.385.9808
IM: uwmryan1

1 comment:

  1. I was going to mention that maybe it was at the direction of the Kathy Griffin people as I have had good experiences at the Riverside in the past. I'm glad they responded quickly but I'm not glad that you had to go through a painful and uncomfortable experience. Good going girl.

    ReplyDelete